Datastat Consultants Projects scheme supports a continuum of activities, from smaller single research projects to clusters of larger projects, in order to meet the varied needs of researchers in different disciplines and at different stages of their careers.
Datastat Consultants Projects scheme aims to:
- Support excellent fundamental research by individuals and teams
- Enhance the scale and focus of research in the National Research Priorities
- Assist researchers to undertake their research in conditions most conducive to achieving best results
- Expand Kenya knowledge base and research capability
- Foster the international competitiveness of East Africa research
- Encourage research training in high-quality research environments.
- Where appropriate, Discovery Projects emphasises the need for collaboration, and the development of capacity-building partnerships to work on a cohesive research programme that will make a major contribution to generating knowledge